| Hazrat Ali (ra) says: “... ALLAH WILL PROTECT HAZRAT MAHDI’S (AS) FOLLOWERS, HE WILL ASSIST THEM WITH SIGNS AND PORTENTS and WILL GIVE THEM TOTAL VICTORY OVER EVERYONE ON EARTH. Willingly or unwillingly, people will thus enter the true faith. |
HE [HAZRAT MAHDI (AS)] WILL FILL THE EARTH WITH JUSTICE, LIGHT AND CLEAR PROOF. All countries will obey him and bow their heads to him. So much so that all the unbelievers will believe and all the wicked will be sincere servants (wicked people will be guided and be sincere Muslims.). (Al-Hurr al-Amili, Ithbat al-Hudat, Vol. 7, p. 49)
* We are told that Allah will assist Hazrat Mahdi (as) and his followers with “SIGNS AND PORTENTS.” This means that all the physical signs and portents of the coming of Hazrat Mahdi (as) described in detail in the hadiths of the Prophet (saas) will be instrumental in people being convinced (with a strong possibility closest to the truth) that he is indeed Hazrat Mahdi (as). These signs will appear to be Hazrat Mahdi’s (as) own prediction (karamat) and a miracle from Allah. This will be instrumental in people acquiring a deeper faith, and these marvels will thus impart an entirely different force to Hazrat Mahdi’s (as) preaching of the word.
* Allah will assign Hazrat Mahdi (as) “TOTAL VICTORY OVER EVERYONE ON EARTH.” Hazrat Mahdi (as) will totally overcome atheism, materialism and Darwinist philosophy. He will explain the Qur’an so well and issue such definitive and irrefutable statements against them that people will, by Allah’s will, enter the true faith in the face of Hazrat Mahdi’s (as) sincerity and the evidence he puts forth.
* In the hadith, the Prophet (saas) tells us that “His conception of JUSTICE will be Hazrat Mahdi’s (as) most important attribute.” By Allah’s leave, with the appearance of Hazrat Mahdi (as) a justice that has never been seen before will prevail across the world.
* We are told that “Hazrat Mahdi (as) will fill the world with LIGHT.” The Qur’an that Hazrat Mahdi (as) will follow is a light. There is a sign that the light of the Qur’an will fill the entire world. Hazrat Mahdi (as) himself is also luminous, as are his followers. Hazrat Mahdi (as) will shed light around him and will illuminate the whole world; he will spread love, affection and dialogue to all those around him.
This aside, there is also an implication to Bediuzzaman Said Nursi, the vanguard of Hazrat Mahdi (as) and the one who has laid the grounds for him and his wondrous work the Risale-i Nur Collection. That is because there is also the word “Light” in both his name and his works. His works are those with light. There is also a portent and reference to the spread of these works to the world and that they will eminate light to the world.
* Hazrat Mahdi (as) will offer the whole world “CLEAR PROOF.” He will elucidate his works very clearly, with irrefutable scientific evidence and proofs from the Qur’an, and all atheistic intellectual systems will be vanquished in the face of that evidence.